From Our Kitchen
In response to the needs of hungry shoppers in this bustling district, Market Hall Foods on 4th specializes in a bountiful selection of foods to-go, including made-to-order sandwiches, soups, salads, appetizers, entrées, pizzas and more.
Our Berkeley store includes our renowned cheese counter, prepared food selection and grocery—featuring a stellar lineup of extra virgin olive oils, best-quality pastas, vinegars, teas, baking items, culinary gifts and a world-class assortment of chocolates and confections. We also feature an on-site bakery, offering everything from breakfast pastries, cakes, pies, sweet pastries and cookies to housemade breads and hot, delicious pizzas fresh from our pizza oven.
- Grilled chicken, Swiss cheese, caramelized onions, tomatoes, pesto aioli (contains almonds) and arugula. Served on a deli sweet roll.
- Fried chicken breast, picante slaw, tomato and housemade mayonnaise. Served on a sourdough baguette.
- Mortadella (contains pistachios), soppressata, provolone, onion, tomato, lettuce, pepperoncini, oil & vinegar and dijonnaise. Served on a deli sweet roll.
- Tuna salad, housemade mayonnaise, tomatoes, pepperoncini and cheddar cheese. Grilled on multi-grain bread.
- Grilled chicken breast with Mama Lil's Sweet Peppers with white cheddar, Dijonnaise and arugula on a Kaiser roll.
- Swiss, cheddar, white cheddar and housemade mayonnaise, grilled on multigrain bread brushed with olive oil.
- Hummus with dukkah, kale, olive oil, lemon, avocado and potato chips on a sweet baguette.
- Our housemade Picante Tuna Salad (housemade mayonnaise, pickled jalapenos, white onion, cilantro, salt & pepper), mixed greens and tomatoes on a sweet deli roll.
The Weekend Menu
- Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- Chicken Curry with Sweet Potato
- Roasted Carrots with Creamy Nuoc Cham Dressing
- Jasmine Rice
- Raw Broccoli Salad with Fried Shallots, Peanuts & Lime
- Shredded Chicken & Papaya Salad with Fried Noodle
- Pad Thai
- Ginger Custard Tartlet
Your Food, More Ways
Call ahead to order and for daily specials.
We have a rotating menu of made-to-order sandwiches, pizzas and salads available daily, 10am–3pm.
Call 510-250-6004 to check today's specials or order ahead.
Eat Well, Every Day
Market Hall Foods has been sourcing, making and sharing the world’s best flavors for over 30 years. In addition to our Berkeley store, our family of businesses includes: Market Hall Foods, Market Hall Produce, Market Hall Bakery, Hapuku Fish Shop and Market Hall Caterers in Oakland's Rockridge Market Hall; The Pasta Shop fresh pasta company; and Cactus Taquerias in Oakland and Berkeley.
We know our customers love to cook—and so do we! We prepare dozens of dishes every day so that you can enjoy real food, made by hand, prepared with wholesome ingredients, even when you don’t make it yourself. Our fresh and frozen staples, like rich stock and all-butter pie crust, are your kitchen back-up team.
Groceries & Pantry
Whether you are stocking up on pantry necessities, shopping for a show-stopping feast or searching for a unique host gift, we have you covered. We love being the first store to sell a new local product or the only store to carry an extraordinary import. Every shelf is basically a "Staff Favorites" round-up of perennial classics and new obsessions.
The Cheese Counter
Our legendary cheesemongers and cured meat team travel to farms, caves, kitchens and far-flung markets to find the finest. We store, prepare and present every product with deft care so that it arrives in your mouth as the maker intended.
Market Hall Bakery
We use real ingredients because they taste better: vanilla, butter, artisan flour and seasonal fruit. Our focus is on classics and very special specialties, like challah made with extra virgin olive oil, seasonal pizzas, Valrhona chocolate panna cotta and our signature Seed & Cheese Crackle.